Saturday, September 6, 2008

Recent work from Photos


This is what I've been up to for the last few weeks. We found a tortoise behind our garbage cans in late April shortly after our dog, Zena, died. I posted a neighborhood sign and he was picked up by a family that said he'd been missing for four months from their home more than 10 miles away from our house. Imagine what an adventure he'd been on.
Today I am posting a photo I took of our house guest and then the painting I did from the photo.


This second painting is a watercolor of a moth that I saw on our front entrance wall. 
I gave the background some texture, by adding some darker areas in the shapes I saw on the stucco. After it dried, I added a thin wash of Ultramarine Blue to tone it down and allow the moth's colors to pop.

Please name these paintings for me...what title should I use? I will post the winner's choice.

2 comments:

Jude Wiesenfeld said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jude Wiesenfeld said...

Bobby in Ottawa, has suggested "Morning Moth", which I really like. Any more suggestions for either painting?