Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Why do I paint?

I think I paint because I can't sing. It is something that I can do better than a lot of other things. Occasionally gives me great satisfaction. It is very difficult for me and not an easy/ breezy activity. The painting is an extension of something very personal and as a result demands courage to put forward to others as my creation. At a workshop I'm taking, this topic is being discussed and it gives me pause. 
Analysis of art is such an interesting activity to me. Why does the artist grab your attention? That's what it's all about. Is it the contrasts, the colors, the composition, the thickness of the paint, the what? I can't wait to attend the NWS exhibition on Oct. 18th with four fellow artists...I'll be like a kid in a candy shop.

No comments: